Other news - Wednesday, 14 March, 2018
Immunization round-table for strengthening policies, and discussing current and future challenges
This year WHO has appointed the week of 24 – 30 April as world immunization week – with the aim to highlight the collective action needed to ensure that every person is protected from vaccine-preventable diseases. This year's theme:“Protected Together, #VaccinesWork”.
Jointly to the global events, the WHO Collaborating Centre for Migration Health Training and Research is organizing an international round-table conference with the aim of highlighting some vaccination related actual challenges and endowers.
The program will provide an overview about
- WHO and IOM immunization policy;
- Hungarian endowers, results and tasks in vaccination;
- Introduction of a new, very actual research: New challenges: long term efficiency mapping of vaccines;
- Overview of the vaccination status of Hungarian Roma population;
- Proposal for coordinated health screening and immunization policy of non-Hungarian students at the Hungarian higher education system;
- Vaccination status of irregular migrants entering Hungary – first result of a retrospective study;
Date and time: Tuesday, 24 April 2018, 11:00 – 15:00 hours
Place: Dean’s Conference Room, University of Pécs Medical School, 7624 Pécs, Szigeti út 12.